Monday, February 16, 2009

Literal People Crack My Shit Up!


Over the weekend I went to the
Croxley Ale House with Alyssa, Lad & Lesley. Nothin' classier than four chicks casually downing cheap beers and even cheaper chicken wings ;)

I digress ...

We ordered the mild wings and let me tell ya, the small little container of blue cheese dressing didn't stand a chance against this little fatty.

So I said to the waitress, "Hey while we have you, can we also get a couple more sides of blue cheese and a handful of those wet-nap thingies?"

Mind you, there were four of us sitting at the table so I had to chuckle when the waitress brought back two containers of dressing and exactly five wet-naps.

I wondered if she really was that literal of a person, that a "couple" meant 2 so a handful obviously meant 5.

And for reasons unknown, I felt like I needed to know the answer. So the next time she came around I asked for a "few" more napkins and giggled to myself when she brought back exactly 3 of them.

This intrigued me! I couldn't help to zone out for a sec to wonder what life would be like with a mind like that ... What would it be like to be a literal person?

Does she wake up at the exact same time everyday?
Like, at exactly 7:53am?
(However I'd bet $ that she's an even number person)

Better yet, has she ever once used the snooze button?
Or would that throw off her day?!

I wondered how many would she have brought if I ordered "a bunch" or "a bundle" of something? Would she have asked me to clarify?

I laughed to myself wondering what this type of person would do if someone said to her, "Let's meet around 5ish" ... Would she still arrive right at 5? Lord knows I would not ;)

Then I took another sip of beer and my mind wandered back to our mild meal ... literally ;)

No comments: