Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thoughts on "The Plan"

The thing I love most about Facebook (besides people’s pictures)
is connecting with long lost friends ...

This week I reconnected with a guy who I had a massive
(correction: colossal) crush on in High School.

I wrote him a note to compliment the absolutely beautiful family he now has :) And one of the things he wrote back really resonated with me. He said:

“My family's great. I never imagined being married with two kids before the 10-year HS reunion, but I love it!”

This made me smile because; the funny part is … I did!

If you’d asked me 10 years ago, I would have 110% thought that I’d be married with two kids come the 10 year reunion.
No question!

Never in a million years would I have thought that I’d be blogging about my silly single life in Zoo York City … Honestly, never.

I am soooooo far off “the plan” it’s not even funny
(even though I actually think it’s ha-sterical!)

But never in a million years, would I trade what I have now

The best thing I’ve come to learn along the way is that
you can’t actually start to enjoy life until you actually decide
to fuck the plan!

Life’s crazy and sometimes it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ... oftentimes I feel like common sense just becomes so uncommon ... and now I understand that that’s totally ok!

If it were cool to drink alone,
I’d crack open a bottle of champagne right now ;)

Then I'd raise a glass to toast to life in general :)

Cheers to following your own path!

Wherever it has taken you thus far, and wherever it may lead you in the future, I hope your "plan" is simply to take what you have and make the most of each and every single day :)

1 comment:

bella said...

I loved this! So true :)