Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thoughts on ... Toilet Paper


Confession:
Today I was feeling down

Down about Mumbia ...

Down about the state of our economy ...
Down about the
fact that my skin tone has scarily become a shade of Casper the Friendly Ghost now that the weather has turned to be 45 degrees (with a hint of promise that it will be butt-ass cold very soon!)

In general,

just feeling
really down :(

This is not an anomaly,
I mean,
everyone's entitled to have a
totally shit day here and there.

But when they happen to
me,
and there is absolutely nothing I can do to control the situation,

I tend to fixate on something that I
can control,
that I
can change,
that I can make better.

And today
that fixation,
was a little thing called,
"Stacey's Spending Habits" ....


As the daughter of a Financial Planner,
let's just say that
the apple fell
faaaaaaaaaaaaar far far away from the tree.

Admittedly, I am THE black sheep when it comes to money :(


Last year I blew my entire savings account to quit my job and write a book ... way to go
genius! You could have just blogged at night for free! UUUGH

Focus Stacey, foocuus!! ;)

Point of post being: Tonight I went through all my receipts & bank statements looking for ways to save money without having to sacrifice the things I love (oh yes, and to be able to afford Wedding Season 2009 ... KIDDING! Kinda)

In doing the aforementioned activity,

while breaking down my spending
stupidity,
I came to realize that I drop
at least $20 a month on ...
TOILET PAPER!!!

Repeat: TOILET PAPER!!!

Let's do some simple math, shall we?

$1.50 per roll x 12 rolls in a thingy (+ tax) = $20
$20 x 12 months per year =
$240

Which means that the island of Zoo York (at a population of roughly 8 million) wastes (no pun intended) approximately
2
BILLION dollars a year on TP!!!

Holy hell ...
I can't handle this shit
(again, no pun intended)

Overwhelmed = ME!

Goodnight ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

U didn't factor in those giant rolls of tp in each large building- which by the way are so rough on the stinkhole that I do believe it fell right from the bark area of the tp tree.

van said...

That is an asinine amount of toilet paper. Pun intended.

$1.50/roll? Have they made a 3-ply I'm not aware of? That would be the coolest thing since...well, 2-ply.

AJ said...

I couldn't help the smile. :)