Monday, October 20, 2008

Rationale for My Game Day Attire

We 've covered this before,
but I will say it again …
I HEART TAILGATES :)

My attire for these awesome events never changes …it consists of my fav pair of converse, jeans, a hooded sweatshirt, mittens, and a baseball hat.

However, this tailgate experience was a first for me …

Ya see, if you happen to watch college football, then you know it’s a (very unfortunate) FACT that Michigan sucks ass this season :(

And for those who have ever attended a college football game, it is also a fact that when you see a fan sporting the opposing team’s logo, you immediately dislike and judge them.

So since I was the guest of one of my PSU besties, I attended this tailgate sporting the apparel of both teams …

Allow me to explain my rationale:
  • Flip cup is a true passion of mine. And not to toot-my-own-horn, but I’ve become fairly good at it (now that I’ve had a decade of practice). Had I worn all Michigan gear to an all Penn State tailgate, I was genuinely petrified that I would face one of the following shit-scenarios:
  1. I would not be asked to play on a team
  2. I would be asked, but then placed on the “other team” (Note: this is almost worse than Option A … for real, I would rather eat chalk then be on a bad flip cup team … no joke!)
  3. I would be asked, but then every time something went wrong, I would be taunted with a sarcastic one-liner like, “Ann Arbor is a whore!” (I can handle harassment, but when peeps knock my pride land, shit gets personal ;)
  • FACT: Penn State has not beat Michigan in the last 12 years
  • FACT: Penn State is undefeated and a promising contender for the National Championship
  • FACT: Michigan sucks ass this season (shoot, did I already say that?!?!)
Given all the above, this game held way more meaning for PSU than for the Big Blue.

Therefore, I did not feel so badly wearing Tyndie’s STATE hoodie, and opted to support the Big 10 (Repeat: sans Ohio State)

No comments: