Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Excerpt of Tonight's Phone Convo w/ my Mom


Sue:
Have you met anyone lately? Dating? Any love interests?
Me: Nada nada limonada.
Sue: What does that mean?
Me: No
Sue: How about at work, any nice single boys? There were so many when you were in Advertising!
Me: Advertising is an anomaly ...
Sue: What about your Kickball team? Any nice single boys?
Me: It's Dodgeball, Mom ... and no, I'm not into dating anyone on my team. It's just for fun.
Sue: Well, maybe on Halloween you'll meet someone new at your party!
Me: Yaa, no ... I highly doubt I'll be getting any dressed as a garden gnome.
Sue: Getting any what? I couldn't hear you. Tell me again.
Me: Nothing. Won't be getting aaaany ... candy. Only mulch, leaves, and lucky charms for us gnomies.
Sue: You're such a smart-alec! How did I raise three smart alecs?!? Oh, I meant to ask again -- which family photo do you think we should use for the Christmas card?
Me: MOM, it's only October!!

No comments: