Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thoughts on "Tomorrow"

I love getting a "belated" anything ...

For example,
any form of belated gift,
simply extends the occasion that preceded it
... awesome!


And who doesn't believe
that any form of anything
"is better late than never" ?!?

But I will say
that these belated beauties,
never fail to make me think,
"Oh craaaap,
I too forgot XY and Z ...
Must remember to do that tomorrow"

Tomorrow
(Insert deep sigh noise here)
My best friend
and worst enemy
all wrapped in one.

Little orphan Annie sang it loud and proud,
making "toooooo-morrow"
seem like the best thing since sliced bread.

But to me,
"tomorrow" =
a procrastinator's infamous bestie.


"Tomorrow" reminds me of
my (seemingly endless) mental to-do list:
  • Tomorrow I will wake up early and go for a run
  • Tomorrow I will not drink caffeine or eat shitty food
  • I will book my flight a full 14 days in advance
  • Oh yes, and I will remember not to over-pack this time
  • Starting tomorrow I will brush my hair every time I have the urge to just throw it into a pony
  • Bye bye bad habits!
  • Yep, that means you Mr. Nose Picking Finger ... No more obsessive paranoia over the boogs that wanna date my nosering!
  • And yes you too, Mrs. Top & Mr. Bottom Teeth ... No more grinding! Baaaad!
  • Tomorrow I'll finish every book I buy and/or begin to read
  • I will do laundry more and say the word "fuck" less
  • The morning will mark the first day that I will remember to rinse and recycle my yogurt containers
  • I will stop taking cabs and rely solely on public trans (even when it's raining!)
  • Tomorrow I will remember to lock the chain lock
  • I'll mail my umpteen wedding gifts
  • Oh yes, and send all thank you notes in a timely manner
  • In just a mere "24 hours", I will magically remember all of my friends and family's anniversaries
  • Tomorrow I will finally make that eye doc appointment, because I can no longer tell rats from cats ... not cool
  • Aaaand, hey, while you're at it ... just sack up and get a new fish, will ya?!?
Soooo,
yeaaaa,
if/when it ever
actually rolls around,
this alleged "tomorrow"
is going to be really great :)

Hahaha

No comments: