Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a GREAT Saturday!

9:45am: Wake up. Put on flip flops. Walk to corner in my pajamas to put in a reservation at The Clinton Street Baking Company.

10am:
Hostess says a table of 5 will be about an hour and a half. Laugh internally. Shake my head at how funny New York waits are. Put name in.

10:05am:
Go back to bed :)

11:30am:
Brunch with Alyssa's family. Eat the best plum-glazed-waffle & Maine-blueberry-pancakes that one could ever imagine!

1pm:
Putter around the East Village & Tompkins Square Park. Two of my most favorite pastimes.

2pm:
Hit up McSorely's for a beer or two ;)

3pm:
Remember that Rachie had invited me to go to the Bronx Zoo to see the new Madagascar exhibit. Call her to see if I'm too late. She says "No, let's go now!" I say "Great! Be right over!"

4pm: Arrive Bronx Zoo and love every second of every exhibit.
Overtly fall in love with:

Mister Sea Lion

Mister Tree Kangaroo


Mister Lemur

The Spider Monkeys


& whatever the hell this thing is ...
I love him!

5:00pm: Take on a tiger ;)



5:30pm: Forget that I have plans to go to the Staten Island Yankees game with Alyssa's family. Realize that I am hella far away from where I need to be. Take the 5 train due South to Battery Park.

7pm: Board the Staten Island Ferry (which is free, btw!) and take-in the most beautiful views of the skyline and the Statue of Liberty :)


8pm:
Sitting front row along the first baseline. Ballpark frank in one hand, cold Coors Light draft in the other. Does life get any better than this?!?!

10:30pm: SI Yanks win :)

11pm:
Board ferry back to Manhattan. Decide "we're gonna make a night of it!"

11:49pm: Receive text message that Teresa & Grant had their baby!! He is healthy and everything went great :) "8lbs 1oz of badass" ... I cannot wait to meet him tomorrow!!

12-2am: Puck Fair with friends.

2-4am:
Why would we go home yet? "It's only 2am". Clearly, the wise decision is to close yet another bar. Head to Kettle of Fish. Proceed to continue all shenanigans, and then some.

4:06am:
Enter cab wearing a pineapple shaped paper hat carrying a stuffed animal black lab. (Obviously). Ask the cab driver "if he knows of any good McDonald's drive-thrus".
He sharply says, "No".
I say, "
Bummer. I guess we'll just go home now then."

5am:
Alyssa and I figure we've made it this far, "we should just watch the sunrise".

5:22am: Sunrises :)

5:36am:
Brush teeth. Wash face. Go to bed. Finally.

No comments: