Friday, August 29, 2008

Home IS Where the Heart Is :)

I can't think of a better way to wrap up the summer,
then by going back home-home,

to good old Canterbury Lane.


As much as I love the city (be it Chicago, NYC or Seattle),
There is something about home.


Something about suburbia
that makes my heart beat a little faster,

and my feet walk a little slower.


It's not just the people that I love,

It's the nostalgia, the lifetime of memories, and the little things.


Little things like sitting on our back porch listening to the secadas.

It's listening to the little boys next door play in their
secret fort,
plotting to throw water balloons at the little girls.


It's memories of my old secret forts,
and countless secrets shared during trampoline slumber parties :)


It's the sight of a sprinkler:


It's the feeling of hot plates from the dishwasher after a great family dinner:

It's the contagious happiness brought out from the mere visual of a tree swing:

It's knowing that Wagner Farm is
and will forever be at the corner:

It's the realization that at the end of the day,
Glenview is just good old Glenview.


It's nothing spectacular or lavish.

But it's home.

It's where my roots are.
And therefore,
it's where my heart is :)

No comments: