Monday, July 21, 2008

Talk About a Case of the Mondays

I will admit that things,
more often than not,
do go my way.


However, today,
today things most definitely
did not!

After taking the sweltering hot subway 56 blocks out of the way
(Note:
not 5 or 6 blocks, no no no, 56 BLOCKS!)
I then made the following "blunder"


~ Phone rings. It's Alyssa. She's outside our apartment. ~

A: Hey, can I ask a huge favor?
I'm so sorry but I'm running late and forgot my gift for Scotty --


Me: No worries, I'll just throw it down!

A: Ok, but just be careful of the awning so it doesn't get --

Woops!

Problem: Gift of boxer shorts now stuck on 2nd floor awning :(
Solution: Write note to the tenant in apartment 2A
to ameliorate dilemma :)



8pm roles around and still no reply ...
So, Fatty goes to get herself a burrito and a bottle of wine ...
Only to return home to find the following taped to the door:

Seriously now,
who writes a letter and leaves the wrong
phone number?!?!
WHAT THE F@%K IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?

Confession: As I am a girl, I immediately thought to myself,
"I hope this Jeff character is a hottie!
Maybe we could like date and have a
Ross & Rachel
style romance!"

Hopes high,
I headed down to knock on 2A only to be greeted by Jeff ...
Jeff, my neighbor,
who looks
absolutely nothing like David Schwimmer,
but who
does have an uncanny resemblance
to Barf
from Spaceballs.

Greeeeeeeeeeeat ;)

AND, to make the situation even more "fun",
2A-Jeff apparently has
gates on his windows
and therefore can be of
no help whatsoever!

Uuggggggggggggh :(

Well anyways,
that was my Monday ...


Tell me, tell me,
how was yours ?!?!?

2 comments:

Lizzard said...

oh dear God Ace!!! I love it and you are right. I would do something like that. Absolutely. Good love Mondays! I'll miss you this weekend!

CGundrum said...

That is too funny!