Sunday, June 29, 2008

It’s Officially Summer!

There is no greater sign of summertime than Co-ed Softball :)

And there is no greater sign (in general) than:

Yep, my first summer softball game was played here in the Evergreen State of Washington!

Drinking Rainier Beer on the bench amongst my fellow Nuts :)

This is not a joke, our work sponsored team is really called:

However, I regret to report that after (miserably) losing a double-header, I find myself exhausted, buzzed, and blogging … Wondering to myself, “Why is it that softball is so directly correlated to my (non-existent) love life?!?!”

I mean, seriously, the parallels are truly uncanny:

When at bat, there’s the inevitable strike out ...
Which makes it virtually impossible to get to first

Yet when I do get lucky to get on base, I find myself stuck on third … Starring hopelessly at home ... Scoreless ;)

When playing the field, I’m put at second base …
Where I watch random men whiz by at high speeds

And let’s be honest, there is just no way around the fact that
I AM BLATANTLY SCARED OF BALLS!

Dozens of opportunities to make "the big catch" aaaaand …
I duck

My fellow Nuts yelling, “Get in front of the ball, Stace!”

Or (my personal favorite) “You gotta sacrifice your body!”

Ummmmmm, what?!?!

No thanks, I’ll pass.

Sacrifice my ass!

Where’s the Rainier beer?!?

Someone pleeease pass me another can of that Mountain Magic!

And then, just when I catch my stride, the ump calls it a game.

Ahhhhhh, nuts!

No comments: