Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sweet Home, Chicago!

I would blog and post pix from my best friend's bachlorette party over the weekend ... but in the case anyone involved would ever like to run for office, I shall refrain from doing so ;)

After being back a few days now, I've made a list of things I miss most about home ... it goes a little something like this:

- Seeing friends, old and new, that make me laugh endlessly :)
- Walking the lake front (while secretly wishing I owned a condo on Lake Shore Drive, a pontoon boat, and stock in Castaways)
- Stopping into the Field House to give the bartender a hug
- Eating at Tarascas (only to be strategically seated in the back because the owner says, "Please don't take offense to this, but you girls are just so loud!")
- Bikes riding through the forest preserve with my fam (while constantly making fun of my mom's unbelievably nerdy bike helmet)
- My dad's pancakes for breakfast
- My sister's famous salad concoctions for dinner
- My brother's ability to do absolutely nothing, and be praised for it ;)
- Wagner Farm
- Dairy Queen
- Driving a car (and parking directly in front of where I need to be!)
- Hanging out with my Grandma Stella and hearing her say things like, "Oh, that's a bunch a bunk!" and "Come on now, that's for the birds!" or (my personal favorite) "Do you have a boyfriend yet? Just be smart. Why buy the cow if he gets the milk for free?" (Awesome)
- The list goes on ...

Needless to say, it's a fact that I miss Chicago ... a lot

But I must admit, after seeing all the American flags raised yesterday in honor of Memorial Day, I felt incredibly proud of New York. The way the city has collectively rebuilt with such resilience and spirit post 9/11, has brought honor to our entire country :)

So, at the end of the day, I feel incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to experience and embrace the best of both!

Chicago: A+
New York: A+

No comments: